Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Text mining literature that mention JRC representative nanomaterials

The week before a short holiday in France (nature, cycling, hiking, touristic CERN visit; thanks to Philippe for the ViaRhone tip!), I did some further work on contentmining literature that mention the JRC representative nanomaterials. One important reason was that I could play with the tools developed by Lars in his fellowship with The ContentMine.

I had about one day, as there always is work left over to finish in your first week of holiday, and had several OS upgrades to do too (happily running the latest 64bit Debian!). But, as a good practice, I kept an Open Notebook Science practice, and the initial run of the workflow turned out quite satisfactory:


What we see here is content mined from literature searched with "titanium dioxide" with the getpapers tool. AMI then extracted the nanomaterials and species information. Tools developed by Lars aggregated all information into a single JSON, which I converted into input for cytoscape.js with a simple Groovy script. Yeah, click on the image, and you get the live network.

So, if I find a bit of time before I get back to work, I'll convert this output also to eNanoMapper RDF for loading into data.enanomapper.net. Of course, then I will run this on other EuropePMC searches too, for other nanomaterials.